What is rental property maintenance?
Rental property maintenance is the process of keeping a rental property in good condition. This includes regular upkeep and repairs, as well as making sure that the property meets all local safety and building codes.
1. Why is it important?
Rental property maintenance is important for several reasons. First, it helps to ensure that the property is safe and comfortable for tenants. Second, it helps to protect the value of the property. And third, it can help to prevent expensive repairs down the road.
2. Who is responsible for rental property maintenance?
Three parties are typically responsible for rental property maintenance: the tenant, the landlord, and the property management company.
3. What are the most common maintenance issues?
The most common maintenance issues include:
- Mold and mildew
- Pest infestations
- Damaged floors and walls
- Broken appliances
- Wind damage
- Water damage
4. How can I prevent maintenance issues?
The best way to prevent maintenance issues is to keep up with regular upkeep and repairs. This includes things like painting the walls, cleaning the gutters, and fixing any broken appliances as soon as possible.
5. How much does rental property maintenance cost?
The cost of rental property maintenance depends on the scope of the work that needs to be done. For example, something like painting the walls or changing the air filters will be relatively inexpensive. On the other hand, major repairs like fixing a broken HVAC system can be quite costly.
The different types of maintenance that are required
There are many different types of maintenance that are required for rental properties. Some of the most common include:
- Regular cleaning and upkeep – This may include tasks such as dusting, vacuuming, mopping floors, and cleaning bathrooms.
- Fixing damage – Damage can occur from tenants, wear and tear, or weather. Common repairs include fixing holes in walls, repairing appliances, and fixing leaks.
- Landscaping – This may involve mowing the lawn, trimming hedges, weeding gardens, and removing snow in the winter.
- Swimming pool maintenance – If your rental property has a swimming pool, it will need to be regularly cleaned and maintained. This may include tasks such as vacuuming, adding chemicals, and skimming the surface.
The benefits of hiring a professional property maintenance company
There are many benefits to hiring a professional property maintenance company. Some of the most common include:
- Peace of mind – When you hire a professional company, you can rest assured that your rental property is being properly maintained.
- Time savings – By hiring a professional company, you will save yourself the time and hassle of having to do the maintenance yourself.
- Cost savings – Professional companies have the knowledge and experience to get the job done right the first time. This can save you money in the long run as you won’t have to pay for repeat repairs.
- Increased property value – Properly maintained rental properties are more valuable than those that are not. This can be beneficial if you ever decide to sell your property.
Why hire Wallet Friendly Handyman for your rental property maintenance and repairs?
Wallet Friendly Handyman is a professional property maintenance and repair company that has been serving the Barrie and Simcoe Area for over 10 years.
We are bonded and insured, and our team of experienced technicians is available 24/7 to help with all your rental property maintenance needs in Barrie and the area.
Some of the services for landlords include:
- Drywall repair
- Appliance repair
- General repairs
- Swimming pool maintenance
- And more!